Image Map

Friday, February 10, 2012

today's thoughts...

Morning Sunshines...
I think I needed all day yesterday to unwind, and just let it all sink in.  You know how it feels when you are anticipating something exciting and you are just waiting for the day to arrive.  And then you have the day or the event and it is over so fast?  Well that is how I felt as I said goodbye to my friend Sherry Wednesday night.
I have a very, very happy heart. (Sherry took the photos, and I don't have them yet to insert , so these will have to do.)  When I saw her in person and we hugged...ahhh, yes, she IS for real.  I could go on and on, but I will say this.  We had a fabulous day of doing nothing really special, as far as filling the day with places to go and see.  She wanted to see a few of my junkin haunts, and we did, but mostly we talked, and talked, and talked.  So many things to say.  So we went to the lakefront and sat in a little gazebo, the day was beautiful and the sun was shining...and my heart was so warm.  We talked for a long time, had lunch, swept her thru the Drive-Thru daiquiri place and we came back to my house to chat more over our cocktails.  Later her husband Al, I call him Al-ster, came by and we went to dinner.  Fabulous day and memories I will hold close to my heart forever.  I am so humbled that they would drive out of the way, to see me before going on their planned trip.  Now I can say, I laid eyes, and hugged deeply one of my "trues"...(stealing this word from Melody at BG.)  Sherry,  love you and thank you for making this happen.  I will see you again, this I know.
Google Image
Now, onto this...I will say that I am so happy that I have been 94% on track with my healthy eating/fitness lifestyle.  I wont say diet, because as we know, if this is to stay, we don't stop...that much I know for sure.  I have lost the taste for sweets, WHAT?  I might every once in awhile, crave sweets a bit and I will buy something...most of the time, I don't finish it.  I am satisfied.  Now some of this credit goes to Cymbalta, this time taking it I have no appetite really.  Now that may be because the eating had been altered way before I began the drug again.  Who knows... But I think it is more, I know what I want to do, how my body now feels and I am taking in all I can from Body Restoration.  My anxiety is so much better, I still have those days, but we all do!  I eagerly go to the gym, again WHAT?  I know how much "lighter" and better I feel when I go and afterwards.  I can't tell you how this effects my mood and my feelings of self.  I have lost weight yes, and I do have a ways to go.  But by "lighter" I am not only talking in terms of weight-loss.
Google Image
I love the days when I go to yoga, today in fact...at noon.  I have come to appreciate not just the class, but the instructors and what they have taught me.  Not just the poses... the serenity and calmness.  There are few ladies who go regularly as I do, and we had a wonderful chat the other day, it was one of those "God things" for the lessons I took away.  Every day I am seeing that nothing is by chance...
Wow, didn't expect this to be a chapter...but these words were on my heart and I wanted to share them.  Have a wonderful day, and weekend.  It is Mardi Gras in these parts...we have some local parades this weekend, weather is a bit cool...and spotty rain.  My friend Bridgette invited me to the parades this weekend...so we will see.  I don't do rainy parades any more.  But I know I would have much fun with her.  Steve is offshore, so her hubby might not be so happy...xo *evil grin*

6 comments:

  1. A blessing to meet a true friend. So glad your visit was wonderful
    Keep going with your healthy living regime - it is working.
    I started weightwatchers in January and have lost 6.5lb (just another 30 to go lol) and have gone back to swimming regularly so feeling very good right now.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you had a wonderful visit with your friend....she sounds very special! Love ya,

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been very lucky, I have met several people I met online. When we first got our computer I never wanted to use it, imagine that!! Then I gave in and chatted with this lady named Sandy every evening. She had just lost her husband to cancer and having me to chat to helped her. She lived in Montana and low and behold she was going to be in a bowling tournament in Reno so guess what....I went to meet her. Always so special when you meet someone who you only communicate with by chat or phone. I met a couple men along the way and was also thrilled to do that too. Nothing intimate, just friends. All these people helped me out through my horrible divorce and I was thankful they were there. Yes, I have lots of stories about meetings and I treasure them. The excitement, the thrill and then you meet. It is by far the most rewarding friendships because you know them before you meet them and the rest is just the icing on the cake....I am so glad you two found your way to meet. My hope is to meet you someday also....it would be great if a bunch of us could all meet together, never had that kind of meeting. Maybe one day........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a whole comment here that I lost....rats!!! I will do it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy Maximo is for real. She is my "true" and she is real and spending time together was more than I could ever have imagined. I feel like I have known you forever and that we had picked up from where we left off...even though we had never spent time together. It was bliss!! I am so blessed to know you and to have had you welcome me into your home and your world. For those who know about the daiquiris they are INCREDIBLE (tho mine was a margarita). Sitting by the lake talking in the sunshine, sitting in your house and talking and then that incredible meal...it was a day I will never forget. Kathy you rock my world!!! oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. and I haven't downloaded the photos yet but they are lovely and I will send them to you when I get home..there's no programme on the mac book yet!!!

    ReplyDelete