Image Map

Sunday, March 4, 2012

the Knot's Prayer

The Knots Prayer
Dear God:
Please untie the knots
that are in my mind,
my heart and my life.
Remove the have nots,
can nots and the do nots
that I have in my mind.
Erase the will nots,
may nots,
might nots that may find
a home in my heart.
Release me from the could nots,
would nots and
should nots that obstruct my life.
And most of all,
Dear God,
I ask that you remove from my mind,
my heart, and my life all of the ‘am nots’
that I have allowed to hold me back,
especially the thought
that I am not good enough.
Amen
Author Known To God

How powerful is this?  I have never seen this, and had to share it today.

6 comments:

  1. "knot" a bad poem! It rings of much truth and yes, it's very powerful indeed. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! Thanks for your sweet comments on my post!!
    I LOVE this prayer - helps put everything in perspective!!
    And I LOVE your blog and your art is fabulous--so inspirational!
    Blessings to you!
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that Kathy. What a lovely prayer. Something to meditate on. Thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the first line. about untying the knots in the mind.

    :) Technically though- we were given some "shall nots" to keep us safe and in line.
    If we follow them, it helps to keep us from tying our selves into knots! :)

    ~*Thank you for sharing this one!*~

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW....some powerful words and I see myself in those words. I will keep this powerful message and remind myself of some of the words mentioned in this. So glad you shared....

    ReplyDelete