Image Map

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Good, and good for you...

We have used Naan bread, for pizzas for awhile now.  But lately I have found this whole grain Naan, and it got me thinking.  I have played a bit with this pizza and I wanted to share it with y'all.
I have some oil dipping seasonings, and I added some to olive oil.  I use this on the bread, in place of sauce.  In this photo, you will see I went a bit heavy handed with the oil, it was yummy...but a bit to much.  Less is more~
I made mine a veggie/cheese pizza.  I added a wee bit of low fat mozzarella cheese, red onion, fresh mushrooms, yellow squash, sliced tomato and then a bit more cheese.
 
Pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
I added a small little salad, and this was a very good, and good for you meal...ok, besides the fact I used to much olive oil...Hubby is not a fan of whole grain, so he would rather have the original or garlic Naan.  I think the whole grain bread is really good.  I like the "chew" it gives and it tastes good, and come on 6 or 8 grams of fiber...
While the oven was on, I decided to make some pumpkin bread for the freezer.  I use a combination of white and wheat flour.  All wheat, kind of makes lead bread.  But using the mixture has a great result.  I also used 1/2 cup less sugar that my recipe...so I used a wee bit of sugar, to coat the bottom of the sprayed bread pans.  This give a wonderful crunch to the end pieces and the bottom...yummy...
 

5 comments:

  1. You are the new Martha, but really this reminds me more of Betty Crocker, especially the pumpkin bread. It all looks wonderful and I'm definitely trying the pizza!!! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry, that is so funny. I am not Martha or Betty...although I do like to bake. If only I wouldn't eat it all...oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am fighting the weight, this looks so good. That is the problem, everything smells and looks so good. Keep up the good work...Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious Kathy - you sure are loving your cooking recently. Thanks for sharing your recipes with us.

    ReplyDelete