Image Map

Monday, January 30, 2012

walking the walk

Google Image
Hello friends...
I have been taking a break, and just being...
I am happy to report a few things, I am feeling so much better...side effects are so much better, dare I say gone?  I feel a twinge from time to time.  My anxiety is in a good place for the most part, I have seen been seeing better days.  It is a good thing, when you can reflect day to day and say, oh, I didn't do this, or I don't feel this way....a blessing.  It makes the side effects of the drugs, much easier to accept.  Thank goodness we have drugs to make us feel better.

I also, have spent hardly no time on Facebook.  I will check in from time to time, but my FB time is usually spent within the groups I am part of there.  I have my Brave Girls, and my La. Artisans, and now I have a small group of fitness/mind/body chica's and we share our days, workouts, feelings...challenges.  These are the important things.  I did spend much time on FB and I do miss chatting with my friends.  But right now, I like it this way.

I have worked on my art classes.  Mainly Brave Girls, Body Restoration, wow...am I learning things.  We as women are so hard on ourselves, and how we think about friends and strangers, and compare ourselves.  My o my...I have seen the light.  I am into week 4 as of tomorrow, I am enjoying this course and I am in love with my art journal, my Body Book.  Amazing stuff going on there.

I have been very active with my yoga practice.  Going 3-4 times a week.  It is easy now, I am not working outside the house.  So I am taking advantage of each and every class I can attend.  I feel like a relaxed, energized, spiritual Kathy, when I walk from that studio.  I love it.  And the cardio and weight machines are happening regularly as well.  I am pretty darn proud of myself for these things.  All of this is good for my body and my soul...  I am so close to the 150's I can taste it... even if it is 159.5...I will squeal.  As I said before, the weight is coming off slow, but some inches are gone.  Going...go...go... But the funny thing is, this time...I am not in a hurry.  I am OK with doing my best every day and seeing the big picture.  So different for me.

I have missed checking in on your blogs and seeing you all on FB, I will soon be ready to jump in again.  I do want you all to know, I am thinking of you.  And as always, wishing you the very best.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling so much better Kathy.... Facebook can be a huge time sucker-upper, and if you get more out of your groups, then that is where you belong~

    I envy you the diligence you have to work on your body..... Something we all need to do, but it is always last on my list of priorities. One day.

    Take care Kathy~ Hugggggs! C

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am doing my best every day and seeing the big picture" -- what a GREAT sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking today how much I miss you!! I know you are doing what you need to do for yourself and that is a good thing. I am not on Facebook much anymore either, haven't been for a long time. I too am in a closed art group on Facebook. I am learning all I can to see where my fit is and what makes me happy creating. Taking care of your self is the best thing you can do!!! I am doing it too!! So proud of you my Dear Friend!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news - continue with what you are doing - it is working!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete