Image Map

Saturday, June 4, 2011

GESSO AND ZETTI'S

I am thrilled that I created yesterday, and now already this morning, go me.....  2 of my Zetti pieces sold last night, so you know what that means, make more...and THEN, I found a collage sheet featuring, are you ready?  Animal Zetti's.... this sheet by Donna67
So here you see, many "prepped" backgrounds, just waiting for the good part....creating.
And now for the gesso....I have used gesso here and there, but usually as a subtle accent, or to get the surface I was looking for, the "tooth".  But I have decided that I am liking it more and more...On these pieces I used gesso as a finishing touch...not sure yet if I will add copper to finish...we shall see.
You can see it on the chunky canvas's as well, I wanted to soften the look, and this did the trick...
Before
After
It is hot and humid here in Louisiana, our weather pattern for the next 5 or 6 months.... so it is a good day to stay inside and create.  IF I get bored by this afternoon, I might venture out to a thrift store...not sure.  Yesterday I didn't get a shower until 3:30...so nit likely.
Have a FABulous Saturday....

4 comments:

  1. Look at you go with the art!!!! I love these background pieces even just as they are -- they will be even more amazing when complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,
    I just love these backgrounds. You obviously had such fun creating them.

    Re facebook - I found it very liberating walking away from it last year and now have so much more time. It draws you in....wasn't good for me so had to get out.

    Wish you luck with whatever you decide. We'd love to see you here more.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower. Us La gals gotta stick together and Your Chi Miss Bella is so precious. Love your etsy shop....Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  4. the backgrounds are fabulous Kathy! Love all the gorgeous color! I can't think of a better way to beat the heat then stay inside and create! :)

    ReplyDelete