Image Map

Sunday, July 25, 2010

MIXED MEDIA NECKLACE ASSEMBLAGE

Well, today I stretched my wings a bit. Or is it flexed my wings? Well how about, stepped out of my artist box? I have had requests to make collage jewelry for my Etsy shop. I never really had a desire to do so, but I must remember to create for others and not so much myself. I am not the type that would wear a brooch or necklace, but they are out there, so I know some do. Anyhow, I received an antique manicure set from my friend Rayann, in a bundle of vintage jewelry...and I looked at it yesterday and my muse tugged at me and I thought "why not". So this is my first attempt at an altered necklace. It was fun, and if I again find something to create on....and my muse is with me...I might just do it again.


5 comments:

  1. Kathy...this is your FIRST attempt? Wow, the necklace is fantastic! I think you have a feel for altered jewelry. Keep up the good work.

    Kim
    Gerushia's New World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super job, Kathy! My friend,Sandy, is always trying to get me "out of my box". Occassionaly, I step out of it and find it refreshing. You should do some more jewelry. I think you've hit on a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is just wonderful! Love it! :-)

    Have a wonderful Tuesday!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went back to look at a few posts I had missed, and as ever everything you do is really fun. I really like this neckless, you are so talented.
    It has been a busy summer, but I have done a few things. Hugs, mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy
    your necklace is gorgeous! Love all the beautiful details and design! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete