Image Map

Monday, April 12, 2010

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY

Well, be still my heart.  I happened to check in with Mixed Media Monday this week and I saw the theme is DOLLS.  So funny that I had a piece in the works, drying on my art table.  So here is my enty for the week.


I painted this clock with acrylics and gesso. I used a piece from an old linen in the bottom of the insert. Then I added a bit of vintage black beaded trim, fabulous trim. The focal point is the vintage doll head; it is in the bisque form. I named this one WISH, and added a tiny brass finding to the top, as well as a beautiful old earring that sits on the top. There is a strand of pearls and some other jewelry pieces scattered on the lace.

13 comments:

  1. Everytime I see an old doll (or at least a doll head), I think of you! This is why. Wonderful piece Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicate, feminine piece. BeautifuL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delicate, feminine piece. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is outstanding.
    Unbelievable creation. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely creation!! beautiful 'frame' and such a lovely dolls head. Well done!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. you set it wonderfully in scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful little piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alovely unusual piece - I think it looks great just as it is

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, this is stunning in every way! I love it! You asked whether you should put a backing on it. Personally, I love the openess of it - it's just perfect the way it is, IMHO. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another work of art, you have such a wonderful eye for design...Love that Blue too!
    Have fun, Mary

    ReplyDelete